The exterior and interior surfaces are also not subject to electrolysis or galvanic corrosion. This type of installation is not usually affected by chemically aggressive soil in buried application. The following are some benefits plastic pipe fabrication can bring:
- Green Building Sustainability – Plastic piping has a very small amount of impact on the environment.
- Corrosion Resistance – Plastic is immune to electrolytic and galvanic erosion because they are not conductive. This gives this product the ability to be buried in alkaline, acidic, dry or wet soils, and there is no requirement for protective coatings.
- Chemical Resistance – These installations can handle a wide range of chemical solutions.
- Low Thermal Conductivity – All of these materials have a feature that helps them maintain more uniform temperatures when they are sending fluids. These are commonly referred to as their low thermal conductance properties.
- Flexibility – This type of material is relatively
… Read the rest
Old lumber that recently came off of the building is always more solid than anything that has been stacked around a while or laying in the dirt. Almost every time that it sits in a stack with no airflow it will dry rot. Lumber that is stacked outside with stickers (wood spacers) between each layer to allow airflow will last much longer than a un-stickered stack with a sheet of plastic over it. The lumber that cannot dry out easily will begin rotting immediately. The same goes for an old barn. It can stand out in the elements getting beat with rain, wind, sun, snow, and anything else that nature throw at it. It will last for what seems like forever unprotected like this, but the moment it falls down it will start to decompose. Material that stood upright unprotected for a century would be better than a painted board … Read the rest
The right mortar for repairing masonry cracks and repointing is different for every house. This is due to inconsistencies in the mixing of mortar, different types of mortar being used, and/or different aging and staining of the mortar. Even if you match the mortar composition and compressive strength of the mortar, the repair can look bad and stand out if the mortar color and gradation of the sand are not matched.
Most of the professional masonry repair specialists assume that they can match mortar by simply matching the color of mortar with pigments or stains, and some try to match the sand. While this may work most of the time for them, it only works because the customer does not know that it was wrong and neither party are understanding the problems this method can cause. This issue happens most often in right-to-work states that require no license for masonry … Read the rest